Wednesday, June 13, 2012

(in no particular order)
Sheeran, Ed (2012) “Drunk” +.  This was the first song I heard by Ed Sheeran, and I was hooked. The way that the music starts is very happy, and I love it. The song changes a lot too, with the rhythm and it isn’t like usual songs.
Gotye (2011) “Somebody That I Used to Know” Making Mirrors This song was very popular, but I knew it before it was popular. My sister played it for me before and I thought it was different, but I liked it. And it is still one of my favorite songs no matter how overplayed it is.   
One Direction (2012) “Same Mistakes” Up All Night One Direction is my favorite band, so any of their songs work. This one is just my favorite because there are a lot of background vocals that are kind of like echoes. It really envelopes me in the sound.
Sheeran, Ed (2010) “The A Team” The A Team This song is very melodic and the lyrical rhyme scheme accompanies it very well. The lyrics are also very meaningful and have a metaphor, instead of just being provocative like most songs are.  
Marianas Trench (2011) “Desperate Measures” Ever After The biggest reason I chose this song is because I love the way the singer says the words. It’s louder when he starts saying them and then it fades. I’m also a huge fan of their music, but this song has the most meaning.
Queen (1981) “Under Pressure” Hot Space This has been one of my favorite songs. I love the classic baseline because it makes it really catchy. I also love the lyrics because they are clearly meaningful and people can relate when they have a lot of pressure on them.
Ferdinand, Franz (2004) “Take Me Out” Franz Ferdinand This has always been my favorite song because in the beginning it’s slow, then it picks up before the chorus. I’ve always been dancing for a very long time, and I’ve always wanted to dance to it for a competition.
Maroon 5 (2007) “Never Gonna Leave This Bed” It Won’t Be Soon before Long    The instrumental parts in this song is very calming but catchy. This is one of those songs where you don’t really know what about it makes you like it, you just love it. Also, I’ve been a fan of Maroon 5 for a while because all of their songs are easy to like, and the lead singers voice is very nice and calming.
Sheeran, Ed (2010) “Give Me Love” The A Team I love this song because I’m a huge Ed Sheeran fan, and always will be. This song was on his EP that I listened to over and over until I knew all the words to every song. It is always very complex with the background music and vocals.
One Direction (2011) “What Makes You Beautiful” Up All Night My favorite band, again and this was their first single in America. I’ve known about them for a while, before most people here did, so every time I hear this song, I get really proud and excited because they’ve made it so far.
Imbruglia, Natalie (1998) “Torn” Torn/Wishing I Was There I love this song because I can attach it to good memories. When One Direction was on the X Factor UK, this was the first song they sang together as a band. They did many other performances but this one is the most special.

No comments:

Post a Comment